Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Confession


Okk, I confess I have been watching cricket!!!! After the World Cup debacle, I had made up my mind that I will never watch cricket and will never write about it too. But I simply can not stay away from cricket.

It does not stop here. If you have been following this blog then you will make out that I was a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar and considered him the GOD. I was very disappointed by India's disastrous showing and Sachin's performance at the WC and I wrote that it was "Death of a Devotee". I confess that it was rash behavior on my part and it was not true at all. This behavior reminds me of one of my cousins. He is a religious person and keeps a picture of the Hindu god "Hanuman" with him. He prays in front of the picture everyday......but whenever things are not going his way, he takes the picture and puts it outside his room!!!! He gets angry with the GOD!!!!! I used to find that pretty hilarious but my behavior was similar. I badly wanted Sachin to score as many runs as possible and guide India to its second WC victory. When that did not happen, for some time I lost my sanity and wrote what I wrote.

I confess that pretty much like the pre-world cup 2007 era, I have watched each and every game that Sachin played after the WC. I can not stop worshipping the man (read: The GOD) who has served Indian Cricket for so long. He is still the best in the world though he needs to get a little more consistent so that he consistently slaps his critics. Sachin, I still love you and I owe you an apology.

1 comment:

~anu~ said...

And you owe me an apology too grr!! and a word of thanks to make you realize what you realized. :)