Monday, January 13, 2014

Political Banter


Comment

Sir, a lesser mortals like me look forward to your posts. 



Unfortunately they are becoming more towards promoting propaganda and less factual. 


AAP is not a congress tool. It never was. And you know that. 

If it was, then it makes no sense for kejriwal to so humiliatingly defeat Sheila Dixit. If it was it makes no sense to expose vadra land deals. If it was it makes no sense to reduce water and electricity bills. If it was it makes no sense to still keep abusing BJP and congress in same breath. 

There is no subsidy being given either on water or electricity. 

In case of water, his logic is - water us basic. You can argue on amount, but you can't argue that it is as mandatory as air. So how can govt charge on something as basic as that ? It is a question of state responsibility. 

On electricity. Ask any of your Delhi friend about bills. They were unreasonably high. There is no reason for the companies to shy from audit. And checking of meters. Let that happen and see the fun. 

On Kashmir : Bhushan has always been a voice of dissent. For gods sake don't beat him up if you don't like what he is saying. 

I can go on....... 

The major problem with BJP has been it has been shouting from rooftop about Hindu nationalism, Mandir, pride in Kashmir, Pappu bashing, and now latest Hindu pride. Which many are simply not interested in. 

And here comes a rookie and stumps the bigwig on something as basic as water, electricity, street light, door to door smart campaigning. 

They are not agents of USA or Pakistan. They are Indians. And they have support of Indians. Like me. 

Will AAP vote result in hung assembly ? If you are worried. If anyone is worried, then vote for AAP. Or give a non Mandir, non Hindu pride, non "they are agents/ anti national", cogent reason why I should vote for BJP and I would. 

This is w

here you will see that BJP is hollow and AAP fills the void.


Response

Sir, I am sharing what are MY political beliefs and point-of-views of experts that I respect and follow. I believe I have every right to do that. I am not questioning the beliefs of anyone else and if the supporters of other parties find my views/posts/forwards promotion of propaganda then be it.

Honestly, I do not think that AAP is part of Congress but I do believe that there is a pact. Congress is certainly using AAP. Congress realizes that now it is not going to have the kind of results that it enjoyed in the last general elections and unless the votes get divided, BJP will have a strong hand. They are using AAP for that. So, for Congress, AAP is god sent.

Vadra's land deals were not 'exposed' by Kejriwal and Bhushan. Everyone knew about them in any case. I myself had read about all the details and more in a leading publication (cannot recall which one) at least an year before Kejriwal's press conference.

Kejriwal had once shown a 300+ pager document, which (as per him) contained strong evidences against Sheila Dikshit. What happened to that document now? Why is he not taking any action against Congress/Diksit? Before the elections he kept saying that Congress is corrupt and BJP is communal (I do agree that he did also say that BJP is also corrupt). Now he wants BJP to produce evidences against Dikshit and then he would order an inquiry!!! Awesome

It is up to you if do not want to believe that water and electricity related decisions made by AAP are not forms of subsidies. Several prominent economists see them as subsidies. And I read an interview of Daniel Yergin yesterday and he said and I quote,"subsidy does two things: it stimulates demand and reduces the drive to be more efficient. And there'd be cost, cost to companies, cost to economy. In general, over the years we have come to believe that where prices are market-based, those are the markets that work more efficiently in the long run. Markets are smarter (than governments). There are ways to take care of the poor without having very broad subsidy. Subsidy is a very expensive form of social policy". My question is even bigger. Are the measures helping the poor? They do not have metered connections. So the benefits are actually going to people who can afford water and electricity. Yes, do audit the companies. But do not give freebies. Indian economy cannot afford that. There is no outflow without an inflow. If the government runs out of money, inflation would rise, taxes would increase.....most would not be able to afford that. If the government has money, by all means give free or 'subsidized' water and electricity. And why stop there. House is a basic need (no rent, no property tax). Food is a basic need as well. In today's times, roads, communication, internet etc are pretty basic requirements as well. Lets not charge anything or enough on these as well (without impacting the economy) and I will certainly vote for AAP.

Though I have a strong urge, I did not beat up Prashant Bhushan. I swear.

Yes, they are Indians and are supported by Indians. But so are naxalites and naughty people of Indian Mujahideen. I am just questioning the logic. If someone believes that Naxalites and IM do not have the backing of friendly neighbors, I wish them a happy stay in their wonderland. 

As far as I am concerned, I am more anti-Congress than pro-anyone. I do not want Congress to come back in power and I see BJP as a good substitute. AAP is likely to (may be unintentionally) keep a door open for Congress. I like the development model of Narendra Modi and I am a firm believer in his governance model. I do think that he has a vision. People may call him communal but no one says that he is corrupt. I think he would be a strong leader. 

I do not care about mandir.

Gujarat has improved a lot in 10 years. Electricity (a basic need) is not an issue over there - they in fact have a surplus. The infrastructure has improved significantly. Several infrastructure projects have come over there. They have managed to attract investments from several Indian and international companies. Modi and some of the other BJP leaders that I support are considered to be honest by most. Those are reasons enough for me. 

If you have reasons that do not include giving away freebies, giving away Kashmir and initiatives that are not there already in most BJP ruled states, please do let me know. I would consider switching my loyalties as well. And would love to see Kejriwal as Prime Minister, Bhushan as Home Minister and Lord Kumar Vishwas as Minister of BC

And lastly, FB allows you to hide the posts of certain people. Please hide my posts if they offend you in any manner :)


Hmmmph!!!

No comments: