Monday, January 13, 2014

Inconvenience Fee

Hi Jet Airways,

I do have a question. I see that the amount that Jet Airways is refunding is not the total amount that I paid. It does not include the convenience fee of INR 315. I do realize that the ticket mentioned that it is a non-refundable amount. However, I did not cancel the tickets on my own. The flight was cancelled by Jet Airways. Why should I lose the money after it already caused severe inconvenience to me. 

My flight was from Ranchi to Kolkata and from Kolkata I had to take a flight back to Kuala Lumpur. I was forced to take a last minute, inconvenient train journey to be able to reach Kolkata on time. If anything, Jet Airways should pay me an 'inconvenience fee'.

Though the amount in question is a small amount, I question the logic and intent. If Jet Aiways cancels such a flight with 100 passengers, it will make INR 315 * 100 = INR 31,500 on a flight it never flew!!!

I look forward to a response and explanation from your end.

Regards,
Animesh

I really do not understand why should airlines not refund the convenience fee when the cancel a flight!!! Though convenience charges are usually small, across all the passengers it can be a significant amount. That is good money for an airline for not doing anything!!! I am not sure if I will get the money or not. It is a small amount and it does not really matter. But if it is the usual practice, it is a big scam!!!

No comments: