Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sach Ka Saamna: Lets Face It!!!

Just can't believe all the fuss about the show "Sach Ka Saamna". I agree that it is pretty bold. I had watched a few episodes of the american version (Moment of Truth) before the Indian version started. When I came to know that the Indian version is starting, I thought that the Indian audience may not be prepared for it. I thought that people wont participate. But to my surprise, people are not only participating, they are actually answering a lot of "awkward' questions. And, it is not the participants who are protesting. Its the "moral police" or the "guardians of Indian culture).....our politicians who are protesting. But why??
I personally do not have an issue with the show. Following are some of my reasons;
  • If the participants are okay about answering the questions, who are we to stop them
  • Participants are adults and they know what they are getting into. They are asked all these questions earlier and so they do get a flavor of things to follow. They still come and answer the questions. Its their call, isnt it?
  • I don't think that the show will have a bad effect on the youngsters as the show comes at 10:30 pm. All kids should be in bed by that hour
  • TRP is increasing. That means people are watching it, enjoying it but are pretending that they are not accepting it!!!
  • If one finds the show offensive, vulgar etc......please do not watch. Change the channel. That's what the remotes are for
  • There are several other shows and soaps which cause far more serious dent on our society. Why isn't anyone questioning them?
  • I like the show. Its enjoyment at the cost of someone else. (What a cheapo I am??!!??) I personally would never participate in such a show as I have way too many secrets. And I would like to take the secrets with me to my cell in hell. Its just good to see that I wont be alone in hell!!!

No comments: