Friday, September 22, 2017

Newton


The movie has brilliant performances from some of the finest actors today....Rajkummar Rao and Pankaj Tripathi. 

However, I probably did not get the movie.....as I did not quite like it.

I do understand that the movie has been branded as a political satire. I also understand that for the naxal situation today, either sides (naxals as well as system) have played their part in creating/worsening the situation. Having said that, I did not quite enjoy the movie that points a finger at our democracy. It largely shows the negative role of the system, administration and forces while 'almost' ignoring the role of naxals and their supporters/sympathesizers.

This movie is India's official entry for the Oscars and now everyone who watches the movie may question the democracy, system and governance in India.

I am not blinded by my love for my country. I very well know that issues are there and many of them are fairly serious ones. However, I feel that such topics should be handled carefully and  both sides should be presented.

It is clearly not a popular opinion as tabloids suggest that most viewers have loved the movie. But like the protagonist, I am willing to hold my ground. :)


For me, this Newton was as difficult to understand as the original one!! It was all latin and Physics for me!!!

No comments: