Thursday, June 5, 2014

Twitter is Character-Less

I may have said this in the past but what the hell, I would say it again. Twitter is the most annoying social media tool on planet earth. You go on social media to share what you think, what you feel about topics, issues that you are passionate about.  But what really happens over there? Twitter kills your thought process, passion and mood.

You write something passionately and then realize that you have crossed 140 character limits!! Then starts the process of shortening of words. 'The' becomes 'd', 'to' becomes '2', 'come' becomes 'cum' (!!!) and so on. Do not know about others but I hate writing like that. What am I...a teenage college girl?  

If, even after shortening the words, your tweet does not fall under permissible limit, then you start restructuring the sentences and removing certain word. For example, 'I would like to' becomes 'wud lik 2'.

And if, even after all that tactics, you are still not where you want to reach, you start the process of breaking your tweet into multiple shorter and permissible tweets. 

It is common to see intellectual and inspiring personalities tweeting like 'wht it wud b like 2'. It becomes difficult to get the real message as it is difficult to take such communication seriously. I like to share things that I am passionate about. However, instead of sharing what I really feel, I start worrying about how to win this Twitter character-limit game!!!

Dnt lik dis....2 frstratng!!!

No comments: