Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cut the crap

Amidst all the crap from certain people, I do agree that Major Dhyanchand equally deserves the Bharat Ratna. I have said that whenever I have expressed that Sachin deserves the honor. The two were on top of their sports and were a class apart. 

Other names, I believe, are not quite there. Bindra did win us an Olympic Gold but that we cannot say that he is much better than Gagan Narang. Vishwanathan Anand did win a lot of tournaments and was the world champion for several years. He does present a strong case but his case is still not as strong as that of Sachin and Major Dhyanchand. He did not have to deal with the expectations of a billion people. And he was not under constant scrutiny of the media. 

And yes, the government did tweak the system to give Bharat Ratna to Sachin Tendulkar but that is the kind of respect he commands and deserves. I strongly believe that the government has finally done something right.

So, I do not agree with the nonsensical crap being shared by few people. If you want to gain some visibility by criticizing Sachin, it just shows your class. I am glad that such people are not many.....at least in my friend list. 

No comments: