Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Crash' and 'The Green Mile'

Two movies that have been in my collection since last 5-6 years at least....'Crash' and 'The Green Mile'. I cannot believe that I took so long to watch them. Both of them are simply outstanding. The concept of Crash is interesting and has inspired a Hindi movie "YMI: Yeh Mera India". YMI is a little known movie which did not do  well commercially but I would strongly recommend the movie (if you do not mind the see the true picture of life, with a little bit of abuses and obscenities). Coming back to the topic, Crash is a great movie and a must watch.

The other movie, "The Green Mile" is simply awesome. It has some great performances. It was nominated for academy awards in multiple categories but if my memory is not failing me, it did not one any. It is not the typical Oscar nominated movies (which are a little difficult to understand and takes some watching!!!). It is a pretty interesting movie that will keep you interested till the very end. The ending was dragged a little but it was fine. Tom Hanks is brilliant as usual but Michael Clark Duncan is the real winner.

I strongly recommend both the movies. 

No comments: