Saturday, November 12, 2011

'Aicing' on the Cake!!!

Nepali Security Guard: आप इंडिया में कहाँ से हैं? (which part of India are you फ्रॉम?)

Me: मैं रांची से हूँ, यह झारखण्ड में है (I am from Ranchi, which is in Jharkhand)

Nepali Security Guard: ???? (Clueless)

Me: हम लोग वैसे तो बिहार से हैं, लेकिन अब झारखण्ड में रहते हैं ( I am from Bihar but now we are settled in Jharkhand)

Nepali Security Guard: ओ बिहार!!! बिहार मुझे पता है. यहाँ एक और है बिहार से....बिहार के लोग वैसे तो बहुत काले होते हैं....जैसे आप काला है.....लेकिन वोह गोरा है (Oh Bihar...I know Bihar. There is a guy from Bihar over here. People from Bihar are usually very dark...like you.....but he is fair)

Me: Smile!!! (Grrrrrrr!!!! %^$%^&&%&^$%&##^&%)

This was my conversation with the security guard of my guest house in Kuala Lumpur. His name is 'Aicing'. पता तो हमेशा से था, बुरा कल ही लगा!!!

No comments: