Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adjusting in a new place

Adjusting into a new place is never easy, especially when one has spent a long time in one location. It gets all the more difficult when the new place is in another country!!!



I miss India. Like most of us, I have also often cribbed about the state of affairs in India and how people are forced to lead a life without decent infrastructure. Well, this new place has all the infrastructure but it still comes short on something......it is not India!!!



There are several things and people that I miss; some of the more prominent ones are (not in any order);



  1. Autorickshaws: The same three legged creatures that used to make driving hell back in India are being missed over here. Its not that the place does not have cabs.....but for short distances, I am not pretty comfortable taking cabs.
  2. Laundry Boy: I dont remember when was the last time that I ironed my shirt in India. Over here, I do not have any choice . I am definitely going to hire a maid to end my misery but till then.....
  3. Ease of finding people/ things: In India, when you need a cobbler/barber/plumber/electrician....they are all available at the next corner. Over here, you need to call them, book an appointment etc etc.
  4. Parents and Wife: Of course I miss them a lot. Things would have been very simple and easy with them around.
  5. Ananya: I miss my daughter the most!!! I miss hugging her and watching her smile/sleep/stare at nothing/play etc. Her absence is making my life miserable. I wish that she comes here soon.

No comments: