Friday, July 24, 2026

Missing the Moment


Just got a feeling that probably I seldom live in the moment. I always get ahead of myself. 

When watching a good movie, I start thinking about the blog that I would write about it. When I visit a beautiful location, I start thinking about how should I capture the moment with a camera, what angles and framing to use and how I would post the picture on Instagram. 

Even when I am loaded with work, while working on on task, I start thinking of what next and how I will finish all the tasks. 

If my daughter tells me about a hobby, I start thinking about how to help her hone that skill instead of truly listening to her and appreciating her excitement. 

I am not even sure whether this is a manufacturing defect only in my case or do others suffer from it too.

I want to but I do not know how to take a pause and live in the moment. Cherish the moment. Maybe the irony is that I spend so much time thinking about how to preserve a moment that I forget to actually experience it. 

Need to change this.

No comments: