Monday, October 30, 2017

The Fog Resort and Spa, Munnar: Review

We stayed at 'The Fog Resort and Spa' for 2 nights (14-16th October 2017). However, my experience with the hotel started earlier than that. While making the booking on MakyMyTrip, I made an error and booked for 3 nights. This was a non-refundable deal. I called MakeMyTrip and the executive informed us that it can be reversed ONLY if the hotel agrees to it. He contacted the hotel and to our delight, the hotel management understood the situation and gave a go-ahead to the cancellation. I cancelled the booking and made a fresh booking.


On 14th October, I reached the hotel early and enquired if an early check-in is possible. They agreed and gave us a room. Though the room was great, I preferred a room on a higher floor. The Manager (Aby Abraham) happily agreed to change the room. The check-in process was smooth and quick. 

On the day of arrival, since we had checked in early, we had breakfast buffet at the hotel. It was not part of the package (my package included 2 breakfasts and 2 lunch/dinner as I was booked for 2 days only). At the time of check-out, I noticed that they had not included the additional breakfast in the bill. I pointed that and offered to pay but the management included that on complimentary basis!!!

My overall experience with Fog was exceptional. They have great rooms and lots of options for recreation. The location, rooms, food, recreational facilities, view....everything was great. However, the aspect that still stood out was the service. Being a travel enthusiast as well as a frequent business traveler, I have stayed in numerous hotels in India and abroad. Fog Munnar boasts of a truly outstanding staff. You would always be greeted with a polite smile. Every staff member is responsive to your needs. They are willing to go that extra mile to make the guests happy and ensure a great stay. They also click and give you a photograph in their own frame. These little gestures count a lot. Though, everyone was great, for us, Abey Abraham truly stood out!!!

No comments: