Friday, August 28, 2015

Right approach but probably wrong combination

"Draw is the last option. You have to risk losing to win Test matches" - Virat Kohli, Skipper of Indian Test Team

I completely agree with him and that is why the loss in his first test as captain did not hurt. India could have easily drawn the test but they lost while trying to chase down the target. No shame in that.

However, I do not think that he is picking the right team. In the crucial third test match of the India-Sri Lanka series, he has retained Stuart Binny in the side. Agree that it is a seaming wicket and Binny may pick few wickets but Bhuvneshwar Kumar would have been a better option. 

Also, they could have tried KL Rahul as the wicket-keeper as it would have given a better balance to the side. I hope I am wrong about all this. I hope India plays well and wins this test.

No comments: