Sunday, December 8, 2013

Indeed a very strong debut by Aam Aadmi Party. They have made a huge impact in the Delhi assembly elections. Media proceedings indicate that most people were not expecting such a strong performance from the first timers. 

However I, on the other part, was worried that they may have a 'stronger' performance and dent the chances of BJP at the state and national level. This to me is the most healthy outcome. 

Congress has been washed out and that was the priority number one. BJP, in all likelihood, would form a government in Delhi and that was priority number two. I was and still am not too sure about AAP as a whole. But they did have my benefit of doubt. I did not want them to win but they deserved a stronger voice. This result will give them just that. They will be the main opposition party in Delhi and would have a strong say. It would be great to see which way they go.

No comments: