Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buy or Die



I do not find buying something for someone extremely difficult as long as there is no particular 'reason'. In fact I like doing that. I roam around malls as well as pages of online shopping sites and if I come across something interesting for myself or someone close to me, I buy it. If there is no occasion or reason, the gift can be anything. It need not be big or significant. More importantly, one does not HAVE TO buy something.

In August, I will be traveling to India. The customery gift purchases is getting on me. It is mighty difficult to buy stuff for people when there is no occasion but something HAS to be bought. More importantly, you cannot buy expensive perfume for someone and a pen for someone else. There needs to be 'parity'.

And I do not understand why should something be bought in a foreign location to carry it to India. Everything is available in India and for other things you have eBay Globay Buy!!! Malaysia is not particularly known for any product. If there is anything like that, I do not know about it. Ya, getting something from the duty-free store at the airport makes sense as things are cheaper there. But one cannot buy gifts for everyone at the last minute in the duty-free store!!! What if you get gifts for everyone except 1 or 2 people. That would be catastrophic!!!

Last few weekends, we have been wandering in shopping malls or websites without much luck. The next weekend is going to be the same. I want to buy lots of stuff for everyone who matters but it is proving to be extremely difficult.

(Pic Courtesy: istockphoto.com)   

No comments: