Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Would be difficult and painful

My wife and daughter would be travelling to India in late July. I would join them there in the second half of August and then the three of us would come back together.

I am happy as my wife needs a break from her boring and monotonous schedule. I am happy as my daughter's grandparents (paternal as well as maternal) will get to spend some time with her. I am happy that I would be able to spend some good time with my family. I am happy that I will be going to India. But I am extremely sad as I will have to spend 20 days without my daughter.

Before starting a family and also while my wife was pregnant, I used to wonder what would be life like with the new addition. Honestly speaking, I did think a few times that probably it will be the end of all the careless fun. I have always been fond of children and so I used to think that it would probably be fine. However, I was never sure what life would be like after becoming a father.

Well, life has totally changed. Now our lives completely revolve around our daughter. She is the reason behind all decisions, most of the arguments and all the make-ups. She gives me strength and she makes me vulnerable.

She gets really excited when I return from office. She knows that, even if it is for a brief while, I would pick her up and play with her. Her excitement remains clearly visibile and that is something I look forward to...everyday.

I do not know whether she will miss me or not. Probably she is too young for that. In fact it will be better if she does not. I do not know whether she will get excited when we meet in India. I certainly hope she does. But I would really really REALLY miss her. It will be extremely difficult and painful. 

No comments: