Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Emptying the Pot

In my childhood, I read this fable about a man who prays to god, manages to impress the god with his devotion and gets 7 pots of gold. He becomes jubilant but on closer look, the man notices that the seventh pot was only half full. He becomes dissatisfied and depressed and then decides to fill the seventh pot himself. He spends all his money, sells all his property and everything he owns to buy the gold and fill the seventh pot but the pot does not fill. The moral of the story is that you have to be satisfied with whatever you get or something like that.

I am not writing this blog to tell a story or teach a lesson. It is just that, at the end of each day, when I look at the 'To-Do' list for this week, I am reminded of this story. The only difference is that I am not trying to fill the pot but to empty it. However, no matter what I do, the 'To-Do' List does not seem to get empty!!!

(Pic Courtesy: ajuever.blogspot.com)

No comments: