Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Long journey ahead with only one pit stop!!! :(

Today is the last day of a 3 +1 day weekend. I say 3+1 as the last day of any weekend/holiday is spent in (a) looking at the watch at regular intervals (b) mourning in advance for the dying weekend (c) making to-do list for the days to follow.

Though I enjoyed the break, I personally do not prefer such long breaks. Before you start thinking (assuming I have readers) that I have lost my mind or lead a depressing life away from work, let me clarify that point. Since we do not have a car and we have a little bundle of joy, we cannot really plan trips in and around the city. Though Ananya has been most understanding on most of our shopping trips, it could be a trap!!! We may be pushing our luck too far if we plan a day-long or longer trip. So, we spend such breaks sitting at home for the most part. And...HENCE...instead of 4 day weekends, I would prefer Tuesday/Wednesday and Thursday off!!!

Today is all the more depressing since I know there is only one public holiday between now and August!!! That is a long long long journey with only one pit stop!!!

No comments: