Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Ananya,

On 4th February 2012, you had your first fall. You fell from the bed. Off late, you have become very active but it was not your fault. I was supposed to check if you are okay and I did not do that. I am extremely sorry about that.

You cried a lot and so did I. I took you to the balcony and showed you buildings, trees, birds and all kinds of meaningless things to distract you. I said sorry to you several times.

After a while, you looked at me and smiled. That made me cry once again. You probably do not remember it anymore but I do not think I can ever forget how you were lying on the floor with a shocked expression on your face and then started crying. It was my fault and I will never be able to forgive myself for that.

I am glad that you are alright. I would try to be a better father.

Love you....always,

Daddy

No comments: