Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today I got my first haircut in Kuala Lumpur. The saloon is run by a Tamilian and it costed me 15 Ringgits. That is much costlier that India but way cheaper than some of the other options available in the area in which I work/stay.

And the guy was pretty friendly. Though he did not know Hindi and his English was not too good as well, he tried hard to have a conversation. He was saying random things....."Lokpal bill will not come", "Malaysia is better than India, good roads, no road in India....politicians.....", "Vajpayee's time was good, there was development.....". Though I wanted to have a conversation, I remained busy trying to link the various statements. It is not that he was excited to see an Indian as this area is full of Indians. Yet, he was excited about having a conversation with an Indian and that is what I really liked. Could sense a bond.

No comments: