Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Summer of GF9


THOSE WERE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!....SUMMER OF GF9!!!

Two of my favorite GF9 memories:

  • Dancing Witch. One day, I woke up to loud thumping sound coming from the living room. It was still pretty early in the morning, so I tried to ignore it. However, the thumping continued and got louder. Irritated, I got out of bed and rubbing my eyes, opened the door of my room....and I got the biggest scare of my life. A female figure, with her long hair open, was jumping in the living room!!! Being a person who has always been scared of ghosts, I saw my worst nightmare coming true. I almost shouted. Then I noticed that the witch was wearing a vest, shorts (which were pulled up to her chest) and strangely, she had a beard!!! It was Navneet Singh Gandhi, doing his morning PT!!!
  • Milked!!! It was a Sunday. We had a lazy start to the day. At 10 am, all of us were sitting idly in one of the bedrooms. Some were sipping tea and Navneet was drinking milk. As usual, Bhaskar was still sleeping. He had returned in the morning after spending a night with a cyber cafe owner (he spent the night chatting online in a cyber cafe. What were you thinking??!!!). We talked for hours....our usual routine on Sundays. In the evening, we were doing the same thing....lots of discussions, gossips and tea (milk in Navneet's case). Then, everyone decided to have another round of tea. It must have been around 3-4 PM. Just when Sanjay Ji, our cook, started making tea, Bhaskar jumped from the bed and shouted....."dhoodh mat peena, maine subah ek billi ko uss bartan se doodh peete dekha tha!!!!" (Dont drink that milk, I saw a cat drinking milk from the pan in the morning!!!). You should have looked at the expression on Navneet's face, who was standing in a corner looking at the empty glass in his hands!!!! That has to be the funniest expression that I have ever seen!!! Apparently, Bhaskar had seen a cat drinking milk from the pan but he could not inform anyone since everyone was still asleep, when he walked in after his night-out. So, he removed the pan from the top shelf and put it in the shelf below that!!! We, foolish creatures, did not understand this obvious message and used the milk!!! That day I thanked god that I do not drink milk or tea!!! 



That's Banku aka Bangali (Anutosh Chatterjee) and Dedh Futiya (Vikash Kumar Singh)

No comments: