Thursday, December 15, 2011

Simply Ignore Maadi!!!!



My boss told me a story today....
When he was working with a leading car manufacturer in India, he was once required to interview 10 dealership prospects in a day. Inspite of trying his best to be on schedule, every meeting shot the time. Ultimately, the last meeting started very late in the night.
Later, the candidate who was interviewed in the end was not selected due to some reasons. The candidate got pissed and wrote a mail to my boss's boss back then, saying that my boss came late, did not give adequate time and did not even have a proper discussion.
His boss asked him to prepare a response giving his point of view. He prepared the entire schedule for the day, why there was a delay, what time did he meet the last candidate, how much time did he spend with him and so on.
His boss read all that and laughed. He said that is not the way you respond to such mails. Eventually, they wrote back to the candidate saying "Thanks a lot for your interest in the dealership and thanks for taking time out to send us the feedback. We value your interest in the company and hope that we will work together in the future"
They never said or explained anything about the incident or the complain!!!! The incident died down!!!

Moral of the story...."Simply Ignore Maadi!!!!". 

I know I should have done the same. In fact, normally I would have done the same thing but I was too surprised/shocked by the turn of events!!!  

No comments: