Sunday, December 25, 2011

Its the time to....TESCO

For the first time in my life, I went to a 'Tesco' today (Tesco is not there in India...not yet). It was huuuuuuge. In terms of the size, it is slightly bigger than the 'Hypercity' in Hyderabad. However, in terms of choices, it is much.....much bigger!!! Having said that, I would like to add that Hypercity looks much more organized and Tesco lacks breathing space and is much more chaotic. (BTW, I went to Tesco Extra, which are bigger than usual Tesco stores)

There is a problem with such places. If you do not go there with a fixed agenda, you will get lost. Or let me put it this way.....either go there with a list of things that you want to buy or go there with a plan that you will buy if you like anything, else you would just enjoy. You need to go to such places with a list like....I need detergent, tooth brush, bread, chips and beer. Full Stop. You buy all that and leave. If you go there with a list like...I need a baby bath tub and 'lets see what else I need' (that was my plan today), you will feel lost. Aisles after aisles.....going back and forth......you will never enjoy.  

But I know that I will enjoy my future trips to Tesco. As I will be going there with my wife. She goes to such places with a list and takes care of the 'planned shopping'. I roam around and enjoy myself. I buy the 'extra' stuff and more often than not, that proves to be costlier than the planned shopping for the month. For example, I have bought DVD player, recliner chair, refrigerator (extra one for stocking beer!!!), foot massager etc without any plans on such weekly shopping trips. 

With sections for electronics, hardware and camping gear, something tells me that I am going to love Tesco.....and Tesco is going to love me!!!      

No comments: