Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trip to Little India

In Kuala Lumpur, there is a place called Little India. Actually, the name of the place is 'Brickfields' but since a lot of Indians stay in the area, it is now known as Little India (LI). I was told by several people that one should go to LI to get original Indian stuff. I am yet to set up the kitchen at my place but yesterday, I went to LI to get a feel of the place and get familiarized before my family joins me here. 

It was not a long drive from Mont Kiara, the place where I stay. I could make out that we have approaching LI as I could hear the latest Tamil-english sensation, 'Why this kolavari di' from a distance. After reaching the place, I roamed around a little and looked at the kind of shops they have in LI. 

Honestly, I could not find much of a price difference between Little India and Mont Kiara (an upmarket place). Hence, it will make sense only if someone is going to LI once or twice a month and getting all the supplies. The good part about the place is that a lot of Indian stuff is available. From parachute coconut oil to Margo soap!!! I had Imarti over there. Actually I wanted to have Jalebi but could not find it so I settled with Imarti. I liked the place as majority of the people over there were Indians. It looked like any 'extremely and unbelievably' clean street in India (does such a place exist??!!!). Overall it was a good experience as it gave me a better idea about the choices available in Kuala Lumpur and it was great to be among so many Indians.

No comments: