Monday, November 28, 2011

Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat

A few days back, I read the book Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat. I must admit that I am not much of a book reader. Seldom do I find books gripping enough to make me finish it. I like short stories better as they require less commitment. I would rather watch a movie than read a book as I do not have the required patience. However, Chetan Bhagat's books are different.

I have read all his books and pretty quickly too. I have finished all his books in less than 2 days....that is unbelievable as per my standards!!! The difference between other books and Chetan's books is the instant connect. You can almost identify with the characters. If you do not see yourself in the characters, you would know someone who is pretty similar. Moreover, the stories are set up in India and you can relate to the places, issues, successes, failures, dreams...everything.

Coming back to the book....I loved it. I do not know if everyone would like it or not. It is very different from his earlier books. Not many people had liked "The 3 Mistakes of My Life" (I do not have official figures but  a lot of people have told me that they did not enjoy the book as much as they enjoyed other books of Chetan Bhagat), which was again a very different book. I loved "The 3 Mistakes.....". Out of all Chetan Bhagat's books, Revolution 2020 can be compared more with "The 3 Mistakes...". 

I loved Revolution 2020. It is an extremely gripping tale. I do not want to give away the plot but I felt a rock on my chest while reading it. Among the main characters, no one is totally right or wrong...that is the way we all are, isn't it? Though what happens in such cases is that you are bound to end up feeling sorry for someone. I must say that I was a little partial towards the main character. I want to say a lot of things about the character but I do not want to spoil the reading experience for anyone. I do not know how is the book doing commercially but it can be made into an extremely interesting movie. 

I strongly recommend the book to everyone. Now, I am waiting for the movie.

(request for Chetan Bhagat: Can you please increase the pace of writing books?)

No comments: