Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Food for thought

Everyday, the lunch and dinner times bring up the question....what to eat? The complex, in which my office is located, boasts of several restaurants offering different cuisines. There is McDonalds, Subway and a pizza place. There is an Indian restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a bakery, a BBQ place....all kinds of food. Yet the dilemma remains.



First of all, I am finding the food over here too heavy for my liking. Every meal makes me feel sleepy!!! I do not know what they put in the food out here. It does not look extremely rich or oily like the typical Indian food....yet the food over here packs a punch....a Knock-Out punch!!!


Secondly, the taste is slightly different. A lamb biryani tastes different from any lamb biryani that you will find in India. A 'thosai' (dosa) is again very different. I guess, it is the inclusion of local spices etc that is doing the trick. Not that the food tastes bad...I am yet to develop the liking for this taste.


And lastly, it is the Indian mentality of checking the costs. Till now I have been multiplying everything by 15 or 16 to check how much would this meal/drink cost in India!!! :P


I guess I will have to learn some cooking.

No comments: