Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gadgets and Knee Brace

I am bed-ridden with a ligament tear on my left knee. That is what the doctor has diagnosed for now; there will be a thorough check-up after a few days. They are suspecting something far more worse but they cannot conduct the tests now since my leg is not "ready" for it. Encouraging!!!!

I will have to keep my knee in a brace for the next 3 weeks. While coming out of the hospital and before getting the brace, I was thinking that it is not going to be too bad; at least it is better than getting the leg plastered. Well, I was right but only marginally. I can take out the brace in the night but throughout the day, I have to stay in one position as the knee brace does not allow the leg to fold. I had mistaken the knee brace with something that Yuvraj Singh used to wear when he injured his knee. That thing was cool....this is not.

What is helping me in these boring times is my collection of gadgets. My bed looks like a control room with all kinds of gadgets, wires, adaptors around me. I have my laptop and data card (thus this blog post), mobile phone, a portable DVD player and tons of DVDs, a portable Sony Playstation with 6-7 games CDs, Sony Walkman, Samsung Galaxy Tab, SLR camera, a Super Zoom camera, tripod, battery chargers, adaptors, 4 hard disks, 3 pen drives and accessories/wires around me. My knee brace is killing me but my gadgets are fighting hard to save me. Till now, the gadgets are winning but it is a close contest. Two more weeks to go so you never know. 

No comments: