Sunday, September 25, 2011

Constantly being watched



How would you feel if you come to know that you are constantly being watched? I am not very comfortable with that feeling. I am a private person and do not like to share too many things regarding my life. It is not that I try and maintain secrecy about all the things I do (after all I have this blog :P) but I generally have a problem with 'being discussed'. I do not like that and I love my privacy. However, in last couple of months, I have been getting this strange and eerie feeling that I am being constantly watched. 

I have been feeling that I am staying in the Big Brother/Boss house with cameras around me as well as others in the household. There are not too many cameras.....just one. The camera relays to the world what are we doing, what is working and what is not, what are we eating, what we said, who laughed, who cried, who got angry.....EVERYTHING!!! Moreover, the camera does not always present things as it is. Often, the camera tweaks the reality either to make the viewers hear what the want to hear or to make everyone love the camera or sympathize with it!!! And as if this is not annoying enough, the camera sometimes collects viewer's opinion and suggests how should we lead our lives!!! 

Some people may question why am I being so 'paranoid' about it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Some people are okay with being watched/discussed.....I am not one of those people. I do not like myself and my loved ones being watched and discussed all the time. I want the camera to understand that and respect our privacy. Am I asking for too much? 

No comments: