Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Vizag Trip


After several weekends me and my wife were getting a weekend off. Neither of us were working on a "high-burn" project and so we decided that we will take off to some place outside Hyderabad. Since Hyderabad does not present many options for weekend trips, we picked the most commonly used option...Vizag.

I have been to the Vizag beach several times. It is a peaceful beach and is usually not very crowded. What I like most about the beach is the water is more violent compared to most other beaches I have been to. At Vizag we stayed at Palm Beach Resort. It was recommended by a few friends but since the tariff was not-so-high, I had my share of doubts. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The resort is very nice and is right next to the beach. There are a couple of good restaurants over there. Moreover, it has a massage parlour and a swimming. Overall, the place has all the facilities that anyone would require to make the stay enjoyable.

There are quite a few places of tourist interest in and around Vizag (Borra Caves, Araku Valley, Kailash Hills etc). Since we were really tired after so many weeks of slogging in the office, we decided not to be too adventurous and spent most of our time either on the beach or in the resort (We did go to the Kursura submarine museum, which was pretty close to the resort). For a weekend trip, that was a sensible thing to do as we did not want to reach Hyderabad feeling even more tired. However, we would like to go back to the place if we get a 3-day weekend and then we would love to explore all the great places that Vizag offers. I would recommend Vizag and palm beach to all the weekend travellers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

~anu~ said...

this collage is beautiful..!

Pari said...

I spent my Grad days(whole 3 yrs) at Vizag...Lovely city with serene atmosphere...
Great Collage...Simply refreshed my memories :)