Wednesday, March 19, 2008

They dont really care about us!!!

Yesterday, I saw a news item about the Indian cricket team…how they are made to work so hard round the year and BCCI does not even care!!! Nothing new about the story as everyone knows that and I am sure most feel sorry for the team. While watching the story and looking at the tonnes of statistics, I was thinking, "poor guys….they work so hard….they were either playing cricket or were on a tour for almost 300 days last year…they may be making millions but they are not getting much time with their family (just around 70 days last year)...WAIT.... that’s not so bad!!!!". They make good money, they can take their family on tours, they can afford great lifestyle and luxuries.......but what about me??? I spend my life in the office, work day and night, usually do not get weekends off, am scewing up my health, do not get to spend much time with my loved ones, do not have any time for my hobbies and……do not even get paid well!!! No one is feeling sorry for me. I am in a much worse situation….How come I am not a primetime story?!!?

No comments: