Sunday, February 3, 2008

:)

Yesterday, after so many days, we talked to each other and we talked like old times.

I am not too close to my extended family. There is enough drama to inspire a telesoap...similar to the lines of the Ekta Kapoor serials (If you do not know about these serials then you are lucky. They can trigger brain haemorrhage). Having said that, I confess that I am no saint myself. I come with my own set of manufacturing defects. I can be a shade selfish at times....sometimes a little egoist...and eccentric. Moreover, I sometimes lose my cool (Ladies and Gentlemen, the award for the understatement of the millennium goes to....yours truly). Do not want it to sound like a sob story but some of the incidents in my personal life and in the lives of some of the people who really matter, have made me a little bitter towards people and life in general. I totally admit that I did my bit to cause the drift between us....but she played her role too. Looking into the history books, I think timing was the main issue. May be the behavior/actions were trivial but the timing could not have been any worse.
Normally, in such events, I shut all the doors/windows. Infact, I did just that but somewhere deep inside, I wanted the things to change. Though I was never too close to her but she is indeed one of the few whom I like. Though I wanted to bridge the gap but I was not sure how to go about it. I did try calling her up on the New Year's eve but was almost relieved when she did not pick up the phone. Afterwards, we exchanged a few messages but it did not really take us anywhere.

Yesterday, I was surprised to receive her call but I am glad that she called.

No comments: