Saturday, January 12, 2008

Aamir Rocks!!!

I recently watched the movie "Taare Zameen Par". Being a huge Aamir Khan fan, I was eagerly waiting for this movie and wanted it to do well.

You seldom like a movie that you are excited about or eagerly waiting for. At least it happens to me more often than not. That is because "I create" so high expectations that the end product rarely satisfies me. For instance, it happened to me when I watched "Guru". Before its release, I was very excited about the movie and really wanted it to do well. I was a touch disappointed when I watched it for the first time. The whole movie hall was applauding but I was quiet. I was thinking that "kucch kam hai". Since then I have watched the movie several times and I love the movie now. I own the DVD as well!!! Its just that my expectations had killed the experience the first time around.

I am glad that the same did not happen when I watched Taare Zameen Par. It is a beautiful movie and it totally surpassed my expectations. It is not glamorous, there is no masala, no item song, no raj malhotra, no bauji....in fact it is very emotional, deals with a complex subject and has a strong message...yet everyone is loving it!!! That is coz the story has been packaged in an interesting manner and everyone in the movie has given splendid performance. Yet, the two performances that clearly stand out are those of Darsheel....and Aamir (I am not biased, I did not like him in Fanaa).

Kudos to Aamir's direction (please excuse me if you think that I am going out of the way...actually I somewhat agree. he he he) as he has brilliantly treated the story. Without proper treatment, the movie could have easily fallen into the category of "parallel cinema". It is a must watch for all the parents and the people who would become parents at some point (ahhaaaan.....that actually means almost everyone....I guess I should get something for promoting the movie. If at all people were visiting my blog.......).

No comments: