Thursday, June 21, 2007

Alankrita: Nice Getaway from Hyderabad

If you are at Hyderabad, I am sure every weekend you wonder what to do and where to go. Hyderabad is a nice city (Infact, I consider it the best in India to stay at) with nice infrastructure. There are several shopping centers and a few multiplexes but still shopping and watching movies is not what you want to do every weekend.

I have been staying at Hyderabad since almost 6 years. I am a person who has travelled quite a bit and I like to go to new places. For a while, I have stayed at Bangalore too. Now, Bangalore is a place with quite a few malls, shopping centers and multiplexes but infrastructure and traffic is a huge concern over there. You think several times before leaving home. And on the weekends, whole Bangalore comes to Forum. But unlike Hyderabad, Bangalore has many tourist places close by where you can go on the weekends. During my stay at Bangalore, I visited several places to quench my thirst of travelling and photography. Bangalore gave me that bad habit and now at Hyderabad, I keep looking for such places outside the city...but there are hardly any. There is Srisailam and Nagarjuna Dam but there is hardly anything over there to excite me enuff to drive 160kms.....one way!!!!

Last month, after getting tired of looking for places, me and my begum decided that we will go to Alankrita Resort, which is on the outskirts of the city. We decided to spend a day over there just to get out of the "routine". We did not make a mistake. Its a nice place with lush green lawns, a swimming pool, lot of recreation facilities like table tennis, badminton, billiards, etc. Moreover, there are three restaurants over there out of which, I found one of them (the main restaurant) pretty good. Another one is a veg restaurant and so we did not even step in and the third is an open restaurant called the "Well Side" or something like that. I did not like the food over there.

There are several kinds of rooms...from normal rooms to cottages and are suitable for any kind of budget. The basic room (Standard) is also good but I would recommend the Deluxe Cottage to everyone. I have been to Alankrita twice now and have stayed in both Standard room and the Deluxe Cottage. Though the charges are a little higher for the Deluxe Cottage but believe you me, its worth it. Having said that, I would like to caution anyone who is planning a trip to the resort that I have noticed that the room sizes and the facilities differ from one room to another...even if they fall in the same category. It means that one Deluxe Cottage can be different from another Deluxe Cottage!!!!

But overall, Alankrita is a nice getaway from the city......to spend one day, not more than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I am BILIGIRI RANGA, from Hyderabad, India and am writing an article for a Hyderabad based PRISM , a 10 year old mag, on begging menace in Hyderabad.

U can see my earlier articles in www.primetimeprism.com - Features link for earlier articles of mine)

I saw your blog and read your impressions about HYDERABAD and was most impressed by the same which was i must say precise.

Want your views for my article , pls get to me SOOOOOOON at

brnugget_6@yahoo.com

Its urgent

workhard said...

Alankrita resort is supposed to be real nice.. im sure not as good as the ones you find in Blore but for Hyd standards.. would do.. Very good review..

Work from home India