Monday, May 23, 2016

Bitter Taste in the Mouth

Sometimes, one just loses the motivation. Isn't it? 

In my career, I have come across multiple working styles and dedication levels. Most people put in the minimum effort required. Out of those, most feel bad when increments and incentives are announced. In my opinion, they do not deserve to crib. Others, who master the art of licking asses, get good increments, incentives and promotions. That, even after putting in minimum effort. Not that, they are outstanding or they get things done smartly. They are just good lickers.

Then there are people, who are driven. Driven by the want to excel, driven by the recognition, driven by monetary benefits, driven by resume-value. The driver could be anything. These people put in a lot of smart as well as hardwork. Such people should be recognized and it is the job of their managers to keep such people motivated. Unfortunately, that does not happen most of the time. 

If you are subordinating and screwing your family time and health for your work, you hate it when your efforts are not recognized. There are some qualitative recognitions. "You are a perfectionist". "You are the best consultant that we have".  That is all good. But when it does not translate into something meaningful, you feel bad. You do not necessarily feel jealous with others who got better deals but you do feel bitter. That is exactly what I am going through. I am feeling bitter, I am feeling cheated and I am feel demotivated. I hope this is a passing phase. I do not like this phase as I seldom feel demotivated about work. I hope that I would be able to come out of this state of mind very soon. Till then, *&^%$#@

No comments: